While the feasibility of using offshore / nearshore resources for certain activities or business processes has already been achieved, long-term strategic feasibility and compliance of the various engagement models are still being investigated.
The most common approach is to work with today or third-party outsourcing providers or establish lower-cost capture management. Management models can be distinguished from customer organizations based on management control, operational costs, risks and other factors.
Outsourcing is a classic customer relationship based on contractual obligations and service level agreements. This is mostly due to tactical reasons such as short-term cost savings and staff flexibility. Non-core or non-critical activities are typical candidates for outsourcing.
Traditional third-party outsourcing is created in two main forms:
- Project-based outsourcing is the most suitable for software development, well-defined requirements and performance. Suitable for irregular but continuous or one-off projects. On-site presence may be required to control your estimate, specification, and contact information. Typical Pricing Models: Time and Materials (T & M) and Fix Price
- The Dedicated Development Center model for changing requirements, maintenance and support for large systems, research and development, testing, long-term tasks. For these types of orders, the seller provides the necessary tools and distributes a team that only works on the invoice projects and is managed by the client representative. This option is usually beneficial if resource requirements are low. The client is charged with full-time employees (FTE) monthly fees.
When organizing remote delivery of software development services, the captive subsidiary option is often ignored by comparison with outsourcing. Although generally accepted for the outsourcing of certain non-critical activities, in some cases this approach does not meet the main functions and critical activities. Offshore / nearshore jobs do not necessarily mean outsourcing. Using Remote Resources to Provide Functions Close to Central Business While maintaining control of operations and realistic cost benefits can be achieved by captive, thus retaining work within the company
The captive model means that the client organization is strategically make a decision to set up your presence at a lower cost site and work as part of your own work. Activities are carried out remotely but are not outsourced to the seller. Thus, the customer can remain in the full control and mitigation of intellectual property risks and other sensitive business information.
Organizations seeking to establish centers in captivity have similar goals as organizations using traditional enterprise or shared services. First, detainees need to reduce costs through labor arbitrage. But recent research shows that buyers are not only looking for cheaper but skilled workers in offshore / nearshore locations. I would like to gain a competitive advantage and gain profits from the process development. In order to avoid under-financing of detention capacity, organizations will thoroughly examine their long-term operational needs and predict future service needs.
The most diverse approaches to the capture operations are:
- Creating a Captive Center from Scratch (Captivity of Yourself) can be successful if the client organization has the resources, local expertise, and market knowledge available. The decision to create a detention center can be an integral part of growth. The organization can either perform detailed screening on its own or purchase the existing company at the selected site.
- Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) approach involves collaborating with third-party partners to create and stabilize the control panel. The seller is responsible for the initial setup, staffing and operation of the reception center within a predetermined period of time. At the end of the term of the contract, ownership is transferred to the customer. So the organization takes over a tailor-made center tailored to your needs. The BOT option is best suited to organizations that do not have local expertise or extensive resources. For such types of assignments, only outsourcing logistical services should be outsourced to the establishment of the receiving center. Build-Operate-Transfer optimally combines the control element of the pure capture model with the flexibility of outsourcing. It provides a minimum level of risk minimization.
The main advantages of the center of self captivity:
- Sustainable knowledge of industry, business processes and techniques
- Full operational control and control
- 19659017] Enhanced communication through continuous reinforcement and experience
- Enhanced Intellectual Property and Data Security Risks
Both outsourcing (primarily cost reductions and race paths) and some benefits, but one of the main factors of one or the other choice [BothapproachesbenefitfrombetterfocusoptimizationofprocessesreducedoperatingcostsfastertimemarketsandmoreButcompaniesneedtothoroughlyevaluateidentifyingeachoptionasbestsuitedtobusinesscultureandstrategicgoals
The approach chosen depends on whether the primary drive is short-term cost savings or that the company has a long-term vision, offshoring / nearshoring and want to keep control of processes and intellectual property
Establishing a Detention Center for the Sea Ukraine Using the BOT Model
If software development is a company core competencies, long-term specific resource requirements, should be reasonable to build your own skills to support the entire life cycle of the software, protect intellectual property, and build up specialized know-how. Nowadays, this process is not as difficult as before. The key to success is finding a reliable partner that is already working around the country. You can enjoy the following benefits:
- Responsibility for all Logistics Related to the Establishment of a Detention Center
- Practical Knowledge of Creating an IT Business and Handling Related Legal and Contractual Issues  Determined Deployment Methodology and Schedule
- Deep understanding of the cost and effort components in setting up and running the software development center in the offshore / nearshore country
- Experience in software development, generally recognized methods, processes and quality assurance that can be adapted to the center
- Consultancy and support throughout the process
- High level of business engagement and responsiveness
- Flexible customer customer satisfaction
- specific ap proach
Source by sbobet